Tuesday, July 16, 2013

S.E. Asia here I come!! (again!)

"The essence of pleasure is spontaneity"

I cannot agree more with these words, as I do not think there is a single thing in this world that is as exhilarating, yet equally terrifying, as booking a last minute plane ticket to one of the most exotic destinations in the world. Today I booked my flight to.....(drumroll please)....INDONESIA! Wanna know the craziest part? It leaves in 2 days. Yepppp, you read that right. I don't know if there's anybody crazy enough to book a 30 hour flight across the world with only 48 hours to prepare - but I guess I am that person! 

For 3 weeks, I will make my way down Indonesia, an archipelagic country in South East Asia made up of over 17,000 individual islands (!!!!!!), starting in the capital city of Jakarta, and ending in the beautiful island of Bali. 

As always, there is an omnipresent fear amidst all my excitement - but it's a good fear; a fear of the unknown. Not knowing what I'm about to embark on is one of the greatest pleasures in life, and it's what I live for. Although there are a million negative thoughts racing through my mind (What if something bad happens?! What if my belongings get stolen?! What if I get hurt?!), I know that letting these thoughts dwindle for too long can be poisonous in themselves. 

Sometimes jumping into the unknown turns out to be the best decision of your life. 

I gotta start packing!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment